Wednesday 13 January 2016

Play day for my Inner Child


Things have been a little busy, so I'm a little bit behind on my tag challenge.  I did actually get tag # 10 (fun) started on time, but couldn't get it finished.  Yesterday was busy hanging paintings at City Hall and then to the art club. Afterwards, I ended up going to a late move with my friend Bonnie (we saw "Joy", which we thought was pretty good despite poor ratings BTW).  So tonight I finished off #10 & #11. 
A little background, while I was out Christmas shopping, I ran across this "Spirograph" knock-off.  Remember Spirograph?  I loved it when I was a kid.  Seeing it at the store immediately took me back in time.  I impulsively bought it.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I just can't hear a kid saying, "Oh Santa,  I want a Hypotrochoid art set for Christmas!"  Oh well, I guess "Spirograph" was a bit of a mouthful, too.  One of the ladies in the challenge commented on my tag and mentioned letting my inner child play and I thought that was  exactly what I was doing. 
I have to admit, while this little set wasn't totally cheap, it definitely wasn't the same quality I remember from the original.  The gears were kind of warped and slipped sometimes as I was trying to make it work.  I used some fine tip markers on the first tag.  Luckily they weren't a good set because for some reason this was very hard on them and ruined a couple. Despite all of this, I had fun.  Even my daughter, who never wants anything to do with my art, wanted to give it a try. I doodled in the centres with black marker and added some tiny gems. Once the background was done, I trimmed it, punched the corners, added some bright ribbon in coordinate colours and some precut letter I had too make the word "fun" And then mount it to some black card.  Some green ribbon finished it off. This is a little different for me in style and colours,

Then I thought, since I still have it out, I would try some white and gold gel pens on black card for a totally different look. Added some gens, some glod sttring and punched out a Graphic 45 sentiment that I stamped with black archival ink. I double mounted this one, first to whit card, to which I added a gold outline with a sharpie marker, and then to black card.  Gold cord tie at the top to finish it off.
Now I'm only one behind!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!