Friday 15 January 2016

Sassy Britches #onelittletag


I had been thinking of using this Dylusions quote and the Tim Holtz "Runway" stamp set to make a tag for a while. From this, three tags were born. 


I also did some stamping and preparation for some future tags while I had everything out. Once again, I used some of my Gelli print backgrounds (I am getting a lot of milage out of those!).  I used my stamp positioner and first stamped in a lighter colour to show where the image would be on the tag
 I then painted a light coat of gesso to mute the background behind the image

I then stamped over the gesso with black archival ink.  I also stamped the image with some white Colorbox pigment ink just slightly off register.


                                                        
As you can see from the photos, I did several that I didn't use for this project. Once I narrowed down which ones I was going to use, I decided how to finish them off.  I used my Prima watercolour pencils to color in the dresses on 2 tags.  There seems to be a lot of pigment in the pencils, I coloured quite lightly and went over it with an aquapen and the colour came alive and moved nicely over the gesso.

I masked off my image with some low tac painters tape and used some Prima and Tim Holtz stamps with archival ink in the background.  I used some Distress paint with some lids and caps dipped in the paint and splattered some Picket Fence white Distress Spray Stain to  make my background markings.  Then I stamped my sentiments (Dylusions and Prima) onto white card, trimmed then out, edged them  with Prima edgers or distress ink, glued them into place and went around them with a black Stabillo All water soluable pencil, finishing it off with a light touch with the aquabrush.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!