Monday 23 May 2016

MMM #11 Torn Paper Strips Mixed Media Morsels

Welcome to my blog!
This is a background I created using torn paper strips, a prompt from Cat on the Mixed Media Morsels FB group.  Cat Hand posts weekly videos with different mixed media techniques to try.  She calls them "morsels".  I have been doing my morsels in a random order.  Sometimes they might work with a tag challenge that I am doing, or sometimes Ii may have supplies out that will work with a particular morsel, or sometimes there may be one that I am just in the mood to try.  I did join this group a little late, but there is no pressure to get anything done by a specific time and they are all just suggestions.  Everyone does them their own way.  But again, as in the One Little Tag Craft Challenge FB group that I participate in, it's all about staying creative and inspired.  Keeping it fun is a big part of the creative process, in my opinion anyways!
For this technique, I took some printed tissue (that I used for MMM #5 an earlier post), some plain tissue paper and some plain white paper.  I used various different sprays, Dylusions, Heidi Swapp, Recollections Colorsplash or Boho and some Lindy's stamp gang..  I sprayed the paper and tissue, let it dry and then tore it into strips.  I collaged the strips onto the tag with mod podge.
I like the way this turned out and I have lots of papers left to collage some more tags or maybe a canvas.
Thanks for looking, have an awesome and artful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!