Wednesday 15 June 2016

Tag 6-6 "Thanks for being there" #onelittletag


Hello my friends!
The challenge for the next few tags was to "step out of your comfort zone".  Some of you may already know this, but for those who don't, I am legally blind.  I obviously do have some vision, but my impairment makes some things difficult.  I love art and do lots of art, but I have adapted my art to limitations, and avoid the things that are a little more ...difficult.  So these tags may not be a stretch for many people, but they are for me.  But that's a good thing!  I just ended up more out of my comfort zone than I expected.
I got a new MFT stamp set called "Recipe for Happiness". I actually got the dies first and had to wait quite a while for the stamps. I thought the set was really cute and was anxious to finally use it.


 I stamped and die-cut a bunch of the little guys out and had some fun colouring them in.

 The colouring is what's out of my comfort zone. I have to hold a magnifier and get really close to colour, I'm sure I look pretty comical! After I coloured about 10 (okay, 11) of them I realized that I wanted much bigger Chefs to make my tags. So now I am out of my comfort zone again, for the same reason, and free-hand drew these Chefs based on my new stamp images. To finish the little guys I had to step out of my comfort zone AGAIN and cut them out with scissors, which is really hard for me because I cant cut and hold my magnifier at the same time!



I used Spectrum Noir markers to do my colouring and I used distress ink for the background with a Tim Holtz stencil and some distress paint splatters.


 All things considered, I am really happy with how they turned out!
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!