Thursday 16 June 2016

Tag 6-8 "Hello Sunshine| #onelittletag


Hello my friends!  Welcome to my blog.
My tag today is based on the challenge to "step out of my comfort zone".  I have always loved the "mixed media girls" and have wanted to try creating some of my own.  But, as I mentioned n my last post, because of my vision limitations. drawing and colouring are difficult.  So, outside of one other attempt quite a while ago, I haven't tried my hand at it.  I thought this would be a good opportunity.
I drew a face, labouring with my magnifier and armed with an eraser.  II liked the face I created (although my daughter informed my that I need to fix the eyebrows.  But I am sharing, warts and all!)
I made some copies so I could use it again.  I coloured her face using Spectrum Noir markers and a white gel pen.  After  I finished colouring her, somehow I ended up with a mark on her cheek.  I attempted to lift it out, and did lighten it.  So we won't call it a wart, we will call it a beauty mark!


I used a napkin background, did some paint splattering and cut around some of the images (also out of my comfort zone!).  I ended up mounting another napkin to some card in order to cut out one of the images to put behind her.



I figured out how I wanted to position her and cut around one of the flowers to put her behind it and to give my tag more dimension.
I stamped my sentiment (which I had received as a free gift with a Quick Cards magazine) with Versmaark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder on vellum



Finally, I mounted the tag onto a black background.

I hope you like my mixed media girl and I think I will be doing more of them!  Thanks for stopping by!







2 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on this, Kimberley - I'm a WAY bit jealous! She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Win! I think I am going to try some more faces.

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!