Hello my friends! Today I am sharing another whimsical mixed media girl. My sister wanted me to do a fairy girl, so she is a fairy. (I love fairies, too) I think I am going to do a series and make some cards with them.. This seems to be what I am enjoying for the moment!
When I started this art project, I had no idea what I was going to be doing. In fact, I was doing various backgrounds to choose one for my first attempt at Mike Deacons "Mission Inspiration|" (which I still haven't finished, but will be posting soon!) So I did things in a specific order on all of them to start with, since I wasn't sure which one I was going to use.
We were supposed to add colour with a baby wipe, add some tissue paper or napkin fragments and then cover with a thin coat of Gesso.. this is where I veered off coarse. The next step was to do some embossing paste through a stencil and then add two opposite colors. I used my sprays and was starting to add to use opposite colours, but got carried away with the sprays! I liked the direction this was going but knew that it wouldn't be for the challenge. I actually ended up with several backgrounds that I really liked (and that you will eventually see) as well as my page for the mission. So it was a productive day at art last Wednesday.
Tonight, this is the background that I chose to use and added some embossing paste through some Tim Holtz stencils (he has such cool stencils!) I actually did some embossing on all of the backgrounds, since I had everything out, but I did this one with intent!
Then I got one of the copies of a face I had sketched on watercolour paper. I decided I wanted to start off with paint on this one. First I added in the outline of the face and neck. I used acrylic paint (craft). This is the first one I have done with acrylic paint.
I added in some details with a black marker.
Then I copied it, slightly reduced on white card and added in some more details. I knew this was too big for my project, but with my vision issues, it's a little easier to work larger.
I copied her again, much small, and cut her out. I cut out some hair and her dress from some scraps of patterned paper in my stash.
I needed to add some wings, so I scrbbly sketched some on some vellum with a gold Sharpie. Then I thought I would use the rubber cement foiling technique. So I used the brush provide in the glue jar to roughly "paint" around the wings, let it dry and then put my deco foil on top and gave it a rub.
I edged her hair with my gold ink and her dress with some distress ink. Then I assembled her.
I added her to my page, outlined her with a PITT pen, added my sentiment (a Prima stamp) I punched out some butterflies from some gold foil paper.
In retrospect, I may not have added them, or so many, But too late know, so I outlined them to give them more definition, since they weren't going anywhere!
I hope you enjoyed todays post. Thanks so much for stopping by and letting my share my efforts with you. Have an awesome and artful day!