Thursday 7 July 2016

Happily Ever After


Hello my friends!  Just a short post today to share a card I made.  My friend Bonnie is heading west today to attend her nephews wedding.  She asked me to make a card for her.  I made it at our art club and I didn't really have a nice surface to showcase the card as the tables are all covered in (you guessed it!) paint.  I don't even mind that as a background for some projects, but it definately didn't suit this card.  So I put down a sheet of paper, which being so light, didn't highlight the card as well as I would have liked, but that is what I had available.  So, apologies over, I hope you can see the card well enough.  I was quite happy how it turned out.  
I used Recollections shimmer card, a Local King Rubber Stamps background, which I heat embossed in gold.  I used my Tim Holtz scribbly die to cut the hearts (I just love that die!) out of gold card.  I heat embossed the sentiment on velum.  I llayered onto gold card and then on to a card base I made with the same shimmer stock as the front panel.  I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I added a velum pocket to hold a gift certificate or money.
Hope you enjoyed my card today, and thank you for stopping by!


2 comments:

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!