Monday 1 August 2016

Tag # 7-27 "Bonne fête" #onelittletag


Hello again, my friends!
Continuing with my personal challenge today, of using backgrounds and die cuts from my stash, here is another tag.

This background was one that I created within the last few weeks.  I painted the background with a baby wipe, collaged some bits of paper napkins and added gold embossing paste through a stencil.  The butterflies were ones that I created quite a while ago, probably over a year.  They were punched out of vellum, stamped and coloured on the back.


I stamped my sentiment on some scrap paper and punched it out



I assembled my tag, edged the tag in gold ink and mounted it to black card.


Thanks so much for looking, I hope you enjoyed this tag.  Stay tuned for another!


Update!  I have had a few people ask me about gold embossing paste, so I thought I would share a photo of the product.  It is a Viva Decor product called Modelling Cream.  It does have a creamier texture than some pastes.  I purchased it from Amazon.ca.  A special note, I have heard that t cold temperatures can damage this product, so it may be wise to consider that if you are ordering online.  I did make sure to order mine before winter here in Canada last year.  It's a good thing I ordered it when I did because it did take some time to get here

2 comments:

  1. Never seen gold embossing paste, but I love the idea! Will have to look it up! Love what you did with the background here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked how this background turned out and I wasn't sure what to do with it because I didn't want to cover it up, So just a butterfly and a small sentiment seemed to work. I'm glad you like it! The product I used is a gold 3D modelling cream by Viva Decor. i purchased it from Amazzon.ca, but I think it was shipped from Europe. i am updating this post with a photo of the product.

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!