Monday 3 October 2016

Tag 9-25 "Merry Christmas" with foiled die cut elements


Hello my friends!  I am back to creating Christmas cards and tags,  This tag was created using some of the foiled and die cut elements that I showed in my previous post on foiling die cut images without toner paper .  This is similar to a tag I have done previously, but this time I foiled my die cut elemants instead of die cutting foil board,  so just another option.

I started off this tag with some distress inking using |Picked Raspberry" and "Broken China"  I used a torn sheet of paper to mask the snow hills.  I flicked the tag with some water because distress ink is so water reactive and I just love the look.  I also flicked on some Heidi Swapp sheer spray to give the look of some snowflakes.


Once I finished my background, I mounted it to some silver foilbaord and then to some Recollections Shimmer card, leaving a small border on each. 
I used a Tim Holtz die to die cut my trees from card that I had prepared for foiling, and an Yvonne Creations die for the sentiment.  

 Then I foiled the die cut pieces.  Once they were foiled,  I assembled my tag.  i used Artist-tac adhesive sheets.  These have small adhesive dots that adhere to any paper you want to stick when you place  your item between the adhesive sheet and the liner and burnish.  I find this awesome when I have an intricate and fine die cut shape that is difficult to glue.  I use these sheets all the time and they last for quite a while.  I get a lot of use out of one sheet.  They come in a package of 25 and I thik I paid about $25 for the package, so they are a little pricey when you have to buy a whole package, but I have found them well worth the money.  When I run out (which won't be for a long time!)  I will purchase another package.  I think I got this package at the beginning of the year, I use them for almost every tag I make, and I'm on the fourth sheet. (just to give you an idea).


Well, I hope you enjoyed today's tag.  Thank you so much for stopping by to have a look!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Kimberley - love the contrast of the foil against the soft colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Win. Two of my favourite things, distress ink and shiny!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!