Friday 14 October 2016

Warmest Wishes Christmas Card using a #onelittletag Colour Challenge



Hello my friends!  Welcome to the next Christmas card in a small series i am doing based on a colour challenge inspired by Jenny Barnett Rohs and her FB group called The One Little Tag Craft Challenge   based on the photo below.  She used a colour mixer app to draw a colour scheme from the photo of the pot of fall mums.  I have based this series of Christmas cards on this colour scheme.  I love the fact that these cards don't follow the "traditional" Christmas colours!




I first blended some distress ink on my background.  Then I splattered some water, with a little perfect pearls mixed in, over the inked card.  One of the fun things about distress ink is how it reacts with water.  I die cut my elements out of black card and a light tan card, to mimic the colour challenge.  I glued the die cut images together, offset just a touch, to give a highlighted look.  I assembled all my pieces and layered my card with the same light coloured tan card , a black layer and then onto a cream coloured purchased card.

I used wilted violet, picked raspberry, squeezed lemonade and abandonded coral



I used a couple of Impression obsession dies and a Memory Box die for this card

I also used a sentiment from a Penny Black stamps set.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed my latest Christmas card!  If you did, please check out  the other Christmas cards in this series created using the colour challenge from The One Little Tag Craft Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!