Friday 20 January 2017

Stamperia Demo and Haul - I thought it was only available in Europe, but it's available in Toronto!!!


Hello my friends!  
This is a post about another product that I am so excited about!  I had seen a few videos using  Stamperia products on YouTube.  I knew it was a European company (from Italy) and I figured I would never get my hands on any of it.  Some of you that have been following my blog may know that I belong to a few different art groups and associations.  The club I am most closely involved with is Ajax Creative Arts.  It is my job within the club to organize demos and workshops.  One of the other members of the group, Lydja, approached me  a while back and told me that she worked with  someone who would be interested in doing a workshop or demo at our club.  I spoke to Nahla on the phone and as she was describing the product, I discovered it was Stamperia!  I was so excited!  As far as I know, she is the only distributor, at this time, in North America!
So on Wednesday afternoon, Nahla and her lovely daughter came to our club to introduce us to the Stamperia line of products.  The catolouge is quite thick, this company 
offers a multitude of products.  They have paints, sprays, pastes, gorgeous collage and decoupage papers, stamps, stencils, transfers, transfer gels, a wonderful crackle paste, patinas, and the list goes on and on.
These products can be used for mixed media, art journallung, crafting, decorative painting, home Decor, fabric painting etc. etc.  etc!
Nahla brought a few samples of some finished projects and did a great demo for us using a variety of different products.  We only had a couple of hours, so we steered the demo in the direction that we thought would appeal most to our artist members.  but there are so many more things for the creative soul to try.  I have added a couple of links below to videos I saw before I had even spoken to Nahla.  There is a mixed media canvas and an art journalling page, some of the things I was interested in.  But I encourage you to visit the Stamperia website, there is a link above, and search Stamperia on YouTube for many great videos, if you are interested.
Please enjoy some photos from our demo.  I had asked Nahla if she could bring in some product that we could purchase.  What you see in the pictures are just a tiny sampling of what's available.  We had a lot of fun looking through the beautiful papers, stamps, stencils, paints, pastes etc.  I was surprised were reasonable ans comparable  with similar products more widely available here..  I guess I just assumed that because they were imported and shipped from Italy, there would be a higher price point.  Sometimes it's nice to be wrong! 
We will be planning a workshop soon! (which I will also share)

Please excuse all the mess in the background.  Our art club also shares space with a theatre group who uses the space as a prop drop-off ground (please also excuse my annoyance, lol)







We took a little break to allow for some drying time and had some fun looking through the products that Nahla brought.




These are the goodies  that I purchased (to start with!)




This crackle paste is different finish than any of the others I have tried, so I am looking forward to trying it.  It might be fun to combine it with different  crackle mediums throughout a canvas for some different textures










Here is a mixed media canvas video by Nicoletta Zanella using Stamperia products.
Here is an art journal page using Stamperia products by Vicky Papaioannou who's work I just love!

Well, Nahla casually mentioned that she was heading to a trade show in Arizona this weekend.  I'm so jealous, she is off to CHA!!!  That is one show I would love to go to. I hope she has a wonderful time, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  i hope you have enjoyed hearing about our demo and will check out Stamperia.  Have an awesome and creative day!  xo

8 comments:

  1. Kimberly, that is soooo impressive!! I would loved to have been at your club, it looks just wonderful. I hope you enjoy your new supplies and can't wait to see what you create with them. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty! I am excited to try them out and I will definitely share what I create!

      Delete
  2. These look interesting but I have never seen them in the UK, will have to look for company. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I don't know how they work in Europe, whether they are in stores or if it is on-line, or both. I put a link near the beginning of my post to the company, so I hope that helps if you are interested. They may have a UK distributor. Thanks so much for having a look and commenting!

      Delete
  3. What a lot of fun you had here...I'm a tad jealous! Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having a look and commenting! I am going to be exhibiting some work the beginning of February, so I am busy getting ready for that. But maybe after that we could talk about doing a swap if you are interested. I have never done a swap, or ATCs. Let me know if you would be interested in if you have time. I could use some of my new products!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this company Kimberley many thanks for sharing them with us. I will be hunting them out next. Love the look of their goodies and can't wait to see what you create with them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having a look! We are going to be having a workshop with Nahla using Stamperia products, so I will be sure to share what we do!. They do have some beautiful products

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment that you have taken the time to leave. Thanks so much, you will always get a reply!